TDRF: Unlocking Higher & Greener Productivity, and better Quality.
Finally! Pelletizing plants can reach higher levels of productivity and quality, while reducing energy consumption.
How can pellets bed permeability be improved without major capital investments and long shutdowns? Has this been a concern of yours? At Metal7 we know that pellet bed permeability in the firing process remains one of the largest drivers influencing a pellet plant’s performance in terms of throughput, quality, and energy efficiency. Our customers have witnessed remarkable results, with productivity increasing by up to 7.5%, quality improvement ranging to 18%, and energy savings reaching up to 15%.
IMPROVED SCREENING EFFICIENCY
Metal7 Triple Deck Roller Feeder (TDRF) provides better screening efficiency compared to conventional units, thanks to a significantly larger screening area for the same footprint. This enhances the ability to remove over- and under-sized pellets, while keeping more on-size pellets efficiently.
Its patented Epsilon Chute reduces the deformation and breakage of green pellets due to its distinctive design; it keeps pellets sphericity, mechanical resistance, and void fraction over the length of the pellet bed. These are important parameters to improve pellet bed permeability inside the induration furnace.
Metal7’s TDRF also allows pellets to be fed to the induration furnace in a two-layer bed with the biggest pellets on the top and the smallest ones on the bottom. Using a segregated bed will allow an easy permeability of the warm air in the induration process and transfer its full heat content to the biggest pellets first, precisely where it is mostly required. On the bottom layer, the remaining available energy handles the smallest pellets, which are much easier to fire. This results in reduction on energy consumption on the induration furnace and consequently lowering carbon footprint associated to Scope 1 of pelletizing plant.
BENEFITS & FEATURES
- Higher screening efficiency.
- More uniform pellet size distribution.
- Improved balling process, by the reduction on the recirculating load.
- Improved firing process, promoted by a better air permeability, a proven segregation concept promoted by the technology.
- Pellet bed compaction minimized with the use of our patented Epsilon Chute. Also, a better pellet sphericity is found.
- Increased plant throughput and pellets quality.
- Reduction on carbon footprint promoted by the segregation concept.
- Three independent and detachable decks for easier maintenance.
- Heavy-duty and minimal maintenance level.
- Flexibility for gapping – wide range, variable or uniform.
We understand that some topics may be more complex and raise specific questions that may not be fully covered on our site. If you have more specific questions, special requests or require further clarification, we strongly encourage you to contact us.